Another of our winter training runs. Different to the Frodsham and Mickle Trafford runs in that it takes a circular route.
- Out of the club gates and turn right along the main road to the A56 traffic lights.
- Turn left here heading towards Chester and cross the road.
- We follow the A56 as far as the Dunham Arms.
- Turn right down Hob Lane and out onto quiet country lanes.
- After a mile we get to a crossroads where it’s right then a swift left onto Thornton Green Lane.
- Over the motorway and on to Thornton village.
- Right onto the main A5117 road and up to the traffic lights.
- Turn left and crossing over a couple of roundabouts (watch out for juggernauts!) passing Shell’s Thornton Research Centre.
- Following the road onwards takes us on a turn through Ince and then Elton villages before dropping us back onto the A5117.
- Back over the motorway at J14 and it’s a straight blast back to the club house.