Our favourite winter training run. Lollipop shaped — out-and-back with a loop at the far end.
- Out of the club gates and turning left along the main road through Helsby Village.
- Carry on past the High School and follow the A56 out into the country. (Godscroft Lane just after the School is 2 miles from the Club House and is the turnabout point in our Christmas Handicap).
- A mile later the road drops down and passes under the railway bridge and enters Frodsham Main Street.
- Here we cross the road and turn right up Fountain Lane (by the Spar shop)
- Follow this up as it turns into a footpath heading over Church Green and past St Lawrence’s Parish Church.
- At the road (Howey Lane) by the church we take another right by the Ring’O’Bells pub and briefly up Bellemonte Road.
- Left turn after the Bulls Head onto Hillside Road.
- At the end of Hillside we turn left onto the Kingsley Road and head back down to Frodsham, bearing right into Fluin Lane and past the community centre.
- At the bottom we rejoin the A56 and turn left. From here it’s a straight 4 miles back through Frodsham, along the A56 all the way back to the Club House.